- Anyone who purposefully visits the Darkroom website using any of its web addresses (URLs) regardless whether they create an account and use the website logged in or use the site without their own account, is considered the User.
- The Darkroom website accessible via any of its URLs (addresses associated with the website) including its static and dynamically generated webpages as well as its backend engine providing API calls.
- Darkroom account consists of an account name, password and an email address (in case it is provided by the user) and is used to login to the Portal and use its services available only to logged in users.
- Profile data & Content
- Profile data and content apply only to users logged in with their account. It includes all and any information in digital form which the user submits to the Darkroom site irrespective of whether this data or content stays stored on the Darkroom servers.
- Usage Information
- When people (Users) visit the pages of the Portal, they leave a digital footprint in various forms. This digital footprint is seen as the Usage Information. Examples include the IP address, time and sort of activity - visited pages etc.
- The operator is the legal owner of the Darkroom website who has an exclusive full access to the Platform and data stored on it.
- These Terms and Conditions together with the accompanying Privacy and Security Policy have been written with the best intentions to comply with laws and follow common sense and best practices, without prejudice and any form of discrimination.
- The Dakroom Portal services are provided to the users free of charge.
- Anyone can create an account on the Darkroom Portal. Once an account is created, the user will activate the account by entering some basic profile data. Account will not be activated without explicit agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Darkroom Portal may contain sexually explicit content.
- Any content created by a User and stored in whatsoever way on the Portal must be legal and the User who created it is responsible for its legality. Content which violates this criteria will be immediately removed from the server(s) and the User who created this content will be banned from using the Portal, next to that legal authorities might be notified - should the content represent a criminal offense.
- Every User of the Portal agrees to use the Portal's services without any intention to cause harm to the Portal infrastructure or other Users and must refrain from any deliberate act which may compromise the operation of the Portal.
- Portal services are open to all Users without any individually imposed restrictions with the exceptions mentioned in the Service and Availability section.
- It is strictly forbidden to express any discriminatory behaviour on the Darkroom Portal. The Operator reservers the right to assess and identify such behaviour (when for instance reported by other Users) and take necessary action which can end up in an unconditional deletion of the perpetrator's account and all related content.
- The User agrees to use the site with a good will in mind and not to harass and offend other users, nor exercise any malevolent behaviour while using the Portal.
- The operator of the Portal reserves the right to deny individual users access to the Portal services without stating the reason.
- The operator reserves the right to access the content stored on the Platform by the User in order to assess the legality of the stored content.
- The operator reserves the right to monitor the Portal in order to ensure its effective and secure operation.
- The operator reserves the right to access the Users' data in order to troubleshoot problems or improve the services, performance and security of the Portal while always adhering to all provisions stated in the Privacy and Security Policy .
- The operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions.
- For a detailed explanation please read the Privacy, Security and Data Protection Policy .
- Portal services are designed to provide a 24/7 operation.
- The operator of the Portal cannot be held responsible for any consequences stemming from an inadvertent downtime of the Portal services.
- The operator of the Portal cannot be held responsible for any damages, detriments or similar consequences caused by errors on the Portal or loss of service.
- The operator of the Portal reserves the right to impose performance based restrictions in order to ensure service continuity. Such restrictions must be imposed globally without targeting individual Users.
- The operator of the Portal reserves the right to refuse access to the Portal services to Users who appear to cause hindrance or harm to the site or other users. It is up to the Portal provider to assess and identify such behaviour.
Here we explain few basic terms which we use throughout this and some other accompanying texts.
General Terms & Conditions
Valid under any and every circumstance for every user of the Darkroom portal.
Privacy and Security
After all this site runs thanks to some technological wonders which require constant care, maintenance and monitoring. We also strive to keep delivering improvements to its functionality. Here are some provisions regarding the technological background.