Darkroom Special Features
We build the tool. You have the fun.
Play Your Way
- All communication with the Darkroom platform - between your computer and our server - is encrypted from the very first moment that you visit our site. We are using modern encryption methods. Noone can eavesdrop your messages or any data that you exchange with other peple on the Darkroom servers.
- We put a great emphasis on privacy and transparency. That's why we choose to build Darkroom as a web based platform - by using web browsers you can always easily see that the data flows only between your device and our servers - no third parties (with the only exception of Google Maps) are involved - for example we are not using any external companies which would analyze the behaviour of the website users etc. With apps for mobile devices you cannot get this level of transparency and it is not that easy to see what happens with your data. The client side of our platform is transparent enough and should anyone desire so, they can go through the code and see that we do not collect any information from your devices.
- Location and radius search with privacy in mind
- Although you can setup your location in your profile, we are not using the automatic location detection provided by modern browsers as some other websites do. Automatic location detection allows third parties to track precisely your whereabouts and that's why we have decided to leave this completely up to you to configure the location wherever maps are involved.
- Accessibility - Mobile
- We are building the Darkroom with mobile devices and ease of control in mind. Our control elements are easy to find, intuitive and work great on both desktop computers and mobile devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Unique Access Control
- When using our site, you have complete control over your profile and pictures. Our unique way of access control allows you to determine at any moment who can see your profile or your photos - Darkroom website allows you to control access to your individual photos per individual user.