- Profile data is subject to a protection against anauthorized access and the services provided by the Darkroom Portal protect the profile data accordingly.
- Unless explicitly allowed by a User, the User's profile data is not visible to users who are not logged into the Portal.
- All users must keep their password and account name/email address (used to log into the Portal) safe and confidential.
- In case of suspected compromise of the Users access credentials (account name, email and password), the Portal provides a mechanism allowing the User to block access to his/her account and reset the password.
- Our Darkroom site has been built with a cardinal emphasis on your privacy and the fact that you share your personal information via this platform.
- Darkroom is taking every effort to protect your profile data.
- Darkroom will never pass any data to anyone - let it be personal information, profile data, metadata, usage information or any other information derived from the aforementioned.
- All illegal content stored on the Portal by its User(s) will be immediately removed and should the circumstances require so, legal authorities will be notified.
- Darkroom cannot be held responsible for safeguarding any content that a user shares via the Darkroom portal in the way that it is visible to other user(s) of the platform.
- Darkroom won't deliberately use any functions or deploy services which would allow the tracking of our users on the Internet.
- We are not and will never subject the use of the Darkroom site to any analysis which would result in the collation of secondary personally bound data about our users and their behaviour.
- Apart from information which you generate on our site while you are using it (i.e. your profile data, messages, photos) we also store the following technical and potentially personally identifiable data for security and service improvement purposes only while strictly adhering to the provision stated in the previous paragraph. These potentially personally identifiable data includes:
- Your device's IP address: stored for up to 24 hours or until you delete your account.
- Type of your browser: stored for up to 24 hours or until you delete your account.
- Your device operating system: stored for up to 24 hours or until you delete your account.
Our site is not using any tracking or analytical cookies, both of which can violate your privacy on the Internet. We use sole single cookie for management purposes - this cookies allows you to stay logged in to our site and this cookies is invalidated as soon as you log out or when the cookie expires (every 15 minutes). This session management cookie cannot be used by other sites to track your internet activity. We do not deploy any other technologies that would facilitate any tracking of your internet browsing habits or the creation of your internet behaviour profile.
- Google Maps
At this moment this is the only third party service used on Darkroom. We use Google Maps APIs in the manner which does not place any new cookies on your computer. Our site intentionally does not make use of the browser function for automatic location detection (unlike other sites and apps) because this feature gives Google access to your immediate real location and can pose a severe privacy risk.
- Clear regularly your cookies. Best practice is to clear your cookies every time you quit your browser. Some browsers (Firefox, Vivaldi, Microsoft Edge) allow you to do this automatically. In other cases you can always clear the cookies manually.
- Avoid using public wireless networks - public hotspots. These networks can have rogue devices connected to it which can hack your device or these networks can themselves intercept your unencrypted data.
- Our site enforces secure - SSL communication between your device and our servers. This means that all data that flows between you and our server(s) is encprypted. All modern browsers provide notification - in the address bar - whether a website is communicating securely. Some browsers warn you in case an insecure connection is used. We advise caution whenever you come across a website which is using an insecure connection.
- Avoid being constantly logged in ( do not use the "keep me signed in" feature) to services like Facebook, Google, Twitter etc. because when you do it is very easy for these companies and their partners and affiliates to track you personally on the internet.
We put a strong emphasis on privacy and security and have built this site in the way that you could feel free to talk to other people on Darkroom about anything and anytime. We praise ourselves on the fact that we do not deploy and never will deploy any tracking or analytical technology which always presents a privacy risk. In order to protect your privacy effectively though, you have to act responsibly too. We strongly encourage you to use a good password which you do not use on any other website, keep this password safe and always reconsider what information you share with whom.