Frequently Asked Questions
Some facts and tips you may have been wondering about.
Play Your Way
Profile - Account
- How to create an account/profile on the Darkroom?
- Creating a profile on the Darkroom is fairly straightforward and will take you less than a couple of minutes. At this moment though the registration of an account is limited to those who have acquired a so called registration token because the Darkroom is not publically available yet. During the account registration you will be asked to enter your profile name (which will also be your login name), your email address and you can choose a password. Once the registration is complete, we will ask you for few basic details about yourself which will be the basis of your profile. We will ask you for your age. We will also ask about the date (day and month) when you want our system to change your age (increment by 1 every year) - this information will never be shown to anyone. After that you can setup your gender, origin and body type. Finally you will be asked to set your location - note that you will be asked to set your location manually - we are not using an auto-locate feature in order to let you yourself choose the precision of your location based on your demand for privacy. After that the profile will activated and you will arrive into the full featured Darkroom. Please note that until all the aforementioned information is entered, you won't be able to see other people in the Darkroom and other people won't be able to see your profile.
- Can I change my location?
- Of course you can. At any moment you can go to the Menu - My Profile - My Location and set the location.
- How are the profiles displayed?
- Upon your very first entry to the Darkroom you will be presented with the list of guys around your current location (you will have set your location during the creation of your profile). The profiles will be displayed in the so called "profile grid" or simply "grid". You can switch between grid and list profile view in Menu - Profiles - Grid or List.
- How can I search for other guys in the Darkroom?
- The Darkroom offers you an extensive set of tools to search for other guys.
There are 2 main ways of searching - one is based on location and the other one is based on characteristics entered into people's profiles (e.g. based on height, age, preferences in play, fetishes etc.) - we call this latter type of search a criteria search or profile filter.
All these search types can be adjusted in the Menu - My Search section. There you have the option to define the parameters for each search type. Do not forget that you also have to activate each search type. Unless one or/and the other search type is activated, a default set of profiles is shown to you - that means profiles around your current location.
Search based on location - so called Radius Search
Go to Menu - My Search - Radius Search. Here you can choose a geographical point around which you want to search (note that this can be different than your current location). Use the provided map and/or text search to find a point on the map. Once that is defined, you can choose the scope of the search - you can choose from city, country, continent and radius. Radius means search within a distance from the particular point on the map that you have just chosen. You can search within up to 50km radius.
Profile Filter - also Criteria Search
This is a fairly simple self explanatory way of how you can search for other guys. Simply go to Menu - My Search - Criteria Search and define the criteria for the matching profiles. Please note that the success of this search depends on how much information people fill in their profiles about themselves.
- Messages - I have sent a wrong message to someone, can I delete it so that the other person won't see it?
- That is possible but you have to act fast. Go and purge the message. Before you can purge it though you have to delete it. Go to the Menu - Manage - Messages. List messages of the person to whom you have just sent the message - by clicking on the name of the person. Then click on the "Delete" button under the message - this will hide the message for you. Now click on the switch "Without deleted" located on top of the message list. Once you click on this switch, you will see all deleted messages that you have exchanged with this person. Most likely the very first message will be the one that you want to hide from the person. You will see a button "Purge" under the message. Click on this button. Once you confirm the purge of this message, the text and any possible pictures attached to this message will be deleted. The message will be purged for both the person to whom you sent it and for yourself. That means noone will be able to see what was sent inside the message. Remember that you have to act as fast as possible. We cannot guarantee that the recipient of this message won't be able to read in in the time that it takes you to purge it.
- How does Live Chat work?
- Live Chat gives people a separate possibility to chat on the Darkroom website with an increased level of discretion. Messages from the Live Chat are only available for a maximum time of 15 minutes, after that time are they no more available. Principle of the chatroom is that anyone and everyone can start their own chatroom, set the topic of that room and control who can chat in the room.
- How many photos can I upload?
- The number of photos that you can upload into your account is unlimited.
- So how does the access control for my photos work?
- When you upload a photo into your account (profile) it is immediately visible to all logged in users on Darkroom. There are 3 main options for a photo visibility - a) it can be visible to all logged in users; 2) it can be visible - the link to the photo will work - for anyone on the web and 3) the photo can be hidden (private). Next to that you can decide per user on Darkroom to either allow them to see a particular photo (in case a photo is private) or block individual users from seeing any of your photos.
- How do I stop someone from seeing a particular photo?
- How do I allow someone to see a particular photo which others cannot see?